The Prep Series #1- 9 Weeks Out and Recap

Hey all! If you know me, you know I recently started doing bikini competitions! I am currently prepping for my second competition, and boy has it been a roller coaster. I haven't been great at updating about my prep experience this time around on any of my social media platforms, so I thought I would start a blog series instead!


10 weeks out, email for info on how to eat these foods in my You Choose Macro meal plan and still lose weight!

I am currently 9 weeks and 3 days out from my national qualifier, and I wanted to sum up the last 6-8 weeks and really talk about the struggles I've had, many of which anyone trying to lose weigh has encountered! I am not going to sugar coat this post. I'm really going to tell you all the crap I've dealt with mentally and how I over came it, or didn't....


I started to prep at about 15 weeks out, but not really seriously. I just started to clean up my diet and was doing 80% macro tracking and the other 20% was, well... what ever I wanted. That was my first mistake. After my last competition i gained 22 pounds. In a literal span of 3 months. I went from 125 on show day, to 147 pounds 3 months later. I had a reverse plan to make sure that didn't happen, but I just couldn't (or didn't, because I HATE the word can't) control myself with food. I ate everything. I made multiple trips to krispy cream and went out of my way to eat anything in any amount I wanted. Super healthy right?...


My hormones freaked out! I had night sweats, my back hurt like I was pregnant again, and everything was pretty terrible. I got back on track Dec 28th (my show was Oct 6th) and I started to slowly drop a few pounds and the night sweats and back aches went away. But at "15 weeks out" I was 8lbs heavier than I was at 15 weeks out on my last prep! So I started way behind. And I should have started much earlier to compensate for the extra fat I had.


Alright, so weeks 15-12... I seriously was one foot in, one foot out. I wanted to get back in shape and compete, but I almost forgot WHY i loved it so much the first time. Every 3 or 4 days I would just have a mini give up, and eat like crap. So the previous few days of sticking to my macros didn't even matter. I was still killing msyelf mentally for 3 days, and then ruining my progress on the 4th day. I started to ask myself if this was really for me. Did I really want to work that hard again? I did it once, didn't I already prove to myself I could do it? I really couldn't swallow the idea of being tired, hungry, and prepping my meals again for those last 8 weeks... But I also wanted to do it... See the dilemma?


So what did I do? I may never forget this moment ever again. It's a specific moment where I chose between the hard thing and the easy thing. I was either all in or all out. I had to choose. I was walking with my daughter at monkey business and I bought her a soft pretzel. Of course, the 2yo decided she didn't want it (after begging for it, mind you). I didn't want it to go to waste so I consciously thought to myself, "I'm going to eat this, and I'm not doing prep because it's just too hard". This is not one of my better moments.... I took one bite. I stopped, and I thought "who was that? Who just said that? That's not me. I don't say things like that. I am 100% positive that is not who I am or who I want to be". I think I sat for minutes with that bite in my mouth. And after a quick pep talk of "okay, do it or don't", I spit it out, and I decided I wasn't half in, half out anymore. I was doing it, even though it was really hard. Because that is just the type of person I want to be.


I am now 9 weeks and 3 days out. The last 2 weeks, I have been almost PERFECT with my diet, and Ive done everything I can in the gym, while Im trying to also heal my pulled hamstring. In 2 weeks, I have lost 4.5lbs. I am finally down to 134.4lbs, which is still heavier than I was last prep at this stage. (I was 132.2lbs at 9 weeks 3 days out last time) But I am reminding myself that this time I am giving it 110%, which I still didn't do last prep, and if I stay on this path, I will make it. I am 100% positive I WONT make it if I don't try, and I know I will regret it if I give up. I won't give up just because I have a fear I won't be good enough. I just won't allow myself to be someone who who gives up out of fear, or because it's hard.



20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Taking Action During Uncertainty

This very well may be the most uncertain time in our life. We have no idea when life will "go back to normal" or it even will. We have no idea what the "new" normal will look like, like if we have to

Working Out With A Baby On Your Hip

During this pandemic, any momma who is trying to keep up with their exercise is doing it with their kiddos. This can be both frustrating and challenging. We don't actually get that time to focus unint